2015 Summer Intern Program
Last summer Fast Forward began a summer intern program. In June and July of 2014 we had over 50 interns from 18 different companies and organizations participate in 16 events. Our gaol with the program was to show the interns everything there is to do in Topeka, to introduce them to others in the community and to offer educational programming that could help them in their future. The hope, if they found a connection to Topeka they would want to stay or move here after graduation.
With Summer just around the corner, we are ready to kick-off our 2015 intern program. Thanks to the generous support and sponsorship of Bartlett & West, the Fast Forward intern program is free to participants.
On June 2, we will be having an intern kick-off event from 5-7 p.m., at Top of the Tower, 534 S Kansas Avenue, 16th Floor. At the kick-off, we will explain Fast Forward and what we do, what events we have planned for the summer, ways to get involved and introduce a fun Topeka Scavenger Hunt that will give interns and members a chance to see Topeka in a different way. Prizes will be awarded!
Below is a list of summer events that are scheduled for interns and Fast Forward members.
• Intern Kick-Off Event, Top of the Tower, Tuesday, June 2, 5-7 p.m.
• InsidersOUT, GermanFest, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Saturday, June 6, 5 p.m.
• June Networking Social, WIBW, Thursday, June 11, 5-7 p.m.
• InsidersOUT, Food Truck Festival, Gage Park, Saturday, June 13, 5 p.m.
• Entrepreneurs & Ale, HHB BBQ, Wednesday, June 17, 5:30-7 p.m.
• Insiders, Topeka High School, Thursday, July 9, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
• Entrepreneurs & Ale, HHB BBQ, Wednesday, July 15, 5:30-7 p.m.
• July Networking Social, Topeka Zoo, July 30, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• Entrepreneurs & Ale, HHB BBQ, Wednesday, August 19, 5:30-7 p.m.
• August Networking Social, Premier Employment Solutions, Thursday, August 20, 5-7 p.m.
• Social 5K’s begin on April 12, every Sunday, different locations, 4 p.m. (You can get full event details at Topeka Social 5K on Facebook)
• Fast Forward Lunches, every Wednesday, rotating locations, Noon
• Developing your Personal Brand with Martha Piland, Westar, Tuesday, June 9, 5-7 p.m.
• Glow in the Dark Golf!, Lake Shawnee Golf Course, Thursday, July 9, 8:30 p.m.
• Heartland Visioning Community Engagement Meeting, Juli’s, Thursday, July 23, 5-7 p.m.
• Fast Forward Golf Tournament, Topeka Country Club, Friday, August 7, 1 p.m.
• Inspire Dinner Service, Topeka Rescue Mission, Wednesday, June 24, 5-7 p.m.
• Inspire Dinner Service, Topeka Rescue Mission, Wednesday, July 22, 5-7 p.m.
• Inspire Dinner Service, Topeka Rescue Mission, Wednesday, August 26, 5-7 p.m.